Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This time next week....

Feeling very pregnant now - slow and tired, needing a nap in the middle of the day. Bubby is moving well and all seemed good at the ob appointment yesterday. As of last Friday the estimated weight was 6lb 4 so we are looking at around 7lb at 36 wk 6 days - the C section day. I can't believe I just have to get through 1 week, its seems nothing but it also seems endless and scary and as we know anything can happen. Denial is serving me well and keeping busy and distracted with our business. We have a couple of big quotes to get in this week - one of which would really set us up for the year..so am hoping we can secure that deal.

The room is not set up though - its not chaos but its not all baby pretty. Clothes have been washed and put in drawers but other than that there are little piles of stuff or baby gifts already given still in wrappers and a couple of boxes of baby toys - few books on a small bookshelf etc. Nothing pretty on the walls or anything. Just rather dull really.
The cot is not set up as I have always believed you get the baby before you put that up. So that big box and new mattress is leaning on a wall in our bedroom (as baby will be in my room for first weeks/months)

Wishing I could gush with excitement (which i do have moments of) but basically I am just existing.

5 comments:

k@lakly said...

OH!!!! 1 week, I know it goes so slowly, keep busy and preoccupied as much as you can. Your place sounds like mine the week before and now 8 weeks and change later he still hasn't slept in the crib, don't know when I'll let him sleep that far away from me...ummmm...never?
Anyway, I'm sitting here quietly, just waiting with you and for you as you make your way to the other side.:)
xxoo

CLC said...

Thinking of you Ange and holding my breath until this wee one is here. Hang in there.

Reese said...

Here's hoping the week flies by. Waiting patiently for the good news of the safe arrival of your bub!

XOXO--Reese

BasilBean said...

I'm counting down the days with you and am hoping they are speeding by.

Emily said...

I just found your blog on babyloss directory. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I don't feel so alone to find others who are also dealing with the loss of children.

peace- emily

steppingstonesblog.blogspot.com