Tuesday, March 25, 2008

And the Oscar goes too....

YES ME....Just started a new job in the sales team of a National Food Company..and on day 2 I get invited to have a coffee with my very nice direct supervisor and as I round the corner and find myself in the morning tea area...I find we are not alone...she has invited her "friend" another coworker who happens to be very pregnant and due to go on maternity leave any day to give birth to her BOY.. well of course.
Its amazing isn't it - these situations that we find ourselves in. I love to talk to women about all things intimate and womanly and yet i find myself pretending to be the "shy one" as they giggle and discuss her impending birth and the last weeks...
If i just stare at them and through them as they chat and in my head go LA LA LA LA LA...i won't hear a thing. Wow I am so good the tears almost start and I can swallow them and nod and smile accordingly. Its all so f&^&$%^% but I must say I am impressive!!!!

6 comments:

G$ said...

I have turned into the shy one in conversations like that too. Me, shy, is just silly, but its the only way to cope.

Yay for the small victory of you not losing it, or at the very least spewing daggers through your eyes at them! :)

c. said...

Ugh. That's terrible. I hate the pretending. Pretending to be shy or something else because I can't bring myself to join in on these types of discussions. There's something about adding "I have a dead baby," that seems to cease any happy pregnancy discussion. And as much as I want to add it I know it wouldn't be right or nice.

Congrats on the Oscar.

Amy said...

Ouch, that had to sting! I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I however am not the shy one, I say things like, "I'm just not ready to be around people like YOU yet." If they ask why, I am just that angry of a person right now to say, "because, really BAD things happen to REALLY good people." I leave it at that!

Congrats on the Oscar, maybe I should practice being shy!

Anonymous said...

sorry that you had to deal with that. Just another slap in the face!

Hugs
xxx

k@lakly said...

I so know that feeling and I hate right along with you. It sucks being the pregnancy buzz kill. Yep, we all deserve a big fat medal, but I'd be happy with a LIVE baby instead. That's not too much to ask right??? ~sigh~

CLC said...

That sucks. I have run into this once at work now, and I actually just got up and left the room. I am sure your heart was breaking over and over as this conversation took place. Good job on the Oscar.