Sunday, September 21, 2008

Riding the waves

Well its hard to believe but the weeks are passing and I am getting there - nearly half way. This pregnancy is so far a breeze..as really my other 2 have been. If you ignore the deadly baby killing virus that I was none the wiser about. All is looking fine so far the only thing to keep an eye on is a low lying placenta that will hopefully rectify itself. The fact that it is all so routine is of course comforting and yet also kinda eerie. Will i know if something is going wrong this time and ACT. I know I just have to breathe through the manic moments and follow my instincts and get the best care and attention I can.
I am also trying to do 'different things' this pregnancy - superstitious lot us dead baby mums can be. Had not yet bought a cot and other baby furniture for Noah, so am planning to do that over the next few weeks and have the room set up probably by 3rd trimester. Also plan on finishing work a couple of weeks later than I did last time. Small stuff perhaps but helps my head. Also we have found out the sex "sorry my little secret" which I have never done before. We really just could not wait! Funny that..its like being pregnant for EVER...when you don't get to bring one home.
Mantra to self - Most babies LIVE, Most babies LIVE ... it really is one day at a time.

4 comments:

k@lakly said...

Yay for you and all of your positive thniking:) So happy to hear that things are going so well.
Ahhhh, now I want to know the sex...come on just a hint????
xxoo

R said...

I'm glad everything has gone smoothly in this pregnancy! Take care!!

Azaera said...

Yay! Keep it up!

CLC said...

Glad all is going well so far. That's a good mantra, I think I will adopt it. And now you have to spill the bean, boy or girl?